Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Despedida

After over 5 amazing months in Paraguay, it's now my time to go home. It was a hard decision, but a decision that I had to make. I have made a lot of friends in Paraguay, and will miss them like crazy. It has been a huge learning experience, and I'm looking forward to taking my new found wisdom to my home country and sharing it with everyone there.

Sunday, Ken and Christie threw my a going away party, "Despedida," that turned out amazing! Several of the neighbors came, pretty much the entire church, and other friends that we've made along the way. Saul and Ken put their chef skills to work and made home-made pizza for the entire huge crowd, and Christie did what she always does best, the computer. We had a slideshow of a few pictures of my time here and some Christian music videos projected on the wall. And the Pastora (Pastor's wife) even baked me a cake! We all had a great time, and I'm going to miss everyone here very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment